Our Washington, D.C. based international commercial and transactional practice is handled by the Transnational Business Attorneys Group (the "TBA Group"). The TBA Group focuses on commerce with the Middle East; the majority of our work relates to the Persian/Arabian Gulf region. For many years, we have worked with prominent businesses in the Middle East region. Accordingly, we have developed the necessary contacts to do business in that region of the world. Whether you are an international company or a local company thinking of expanding onto the international stage, our Washington, D.C. based firm can assist you with your international business needs, including consulting services, import/export, customs, franchising, licensing, and intellectual property protection. Our experience can effectively and efficiently help you realize your full potential in the Middle Eastern market and beyond.
Negotiated and prepared purchase contracts and the issuance of
international letters of credit for the purchase of Korean garments by a
• Acted as transactional counsel to borrower of a $75 million USD loan facility from a London-based private financial group.
Transactional counsel to a U.S.-based company in the purchase of
Italian leather products including freight forwarder participation and
release of the product.
Collaborated with local counsel in Germany to bring an action for
breach of contract and fraud in an international commercial matter.
• Represented Swiss national shareholder in a dispute regarding an attempted buy-out of a corporate entity.
• Represented client in a Hague arbitration proceeding.
• Defended European-based business and individual owner thereof against charges of international fraudulent telemarketing.
Defended Irish national financier from an SEC investigation and lawsuit
in which fraud and promotion of international loan guarantees were
• Transactional counsel to the closure of a loan facility and joint
venture with the largest Mexican-based international producer of
cigarettes for distribution in Lebanon and the greater Middle East.
• Successfully negotiated a letter of intent for a U.S.-based
individual who sought to acquire exclusive rights to the importation of a
South American soft drink.
• Transactional counsel to U.S.-based importer of Brazilian shoes.
• Transactional counsel to beneficiary of a $150 million USD securities offering underwritten by the Arab Bank of Jordan.
• Secured the release of U.A.E. product held by U.S. Customs in Norfolk, Virginia.
• Negotiated and prepared closing documents of a credit facility of $1 million USD issued by the Bank of Kuwait.
• Represented a Jordan-based corporation in the establishment of a U.S.-based subsidiary corporation.
• Brought an action on behalf of a Lebanese national seeking to collect on a $1.6 million USD debt owed by the defendant.